African American Law Alumni Association
The African American Law Alumni Association:
- Fosters relationships between African American alumni and law students;
- Recognizes outstanding contributions to the community by individual attorneys in memory of David D. White, L’31; and
- Consults in the selection of a number of annual competitive scholarships in the name of David D. White to Capital University Law School’s African American law students.
- Devin M. Parram, L'07, Bricker & Eckler LLP
African American Law Alumni Association Board - 2018-2019
- Akpevwe M. Akpofure, L'15, Kegler Brown, Treasurer
- Lori Brown, L'06, Law Office of Lori Brown Johnson
- George F. Calloway, Jr., MD, L'12, Office of George Calloway, Jr. LLC
- Brittany N. Collins, L'13, Student Legal Services, Inc.
- Robert L. Gresham, L'07, Wright & Schulte
- E. Michelle Martin, L'11, The Martin Law Firm
- Marcus A. Miller, L'17, Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Dara Pittard Lucas, L'12, Thompson, Steward Flecha LLC
- Karia A. Ruffin, L'16, Ohio Attorney General
- Brittany M. Sendi, L'12, Ohio Department of Education, Secretary
- David J. Simon, L'16, Nationwide Financial
- Aracely Tagliaventi, L'13, Central Ohio Transit Authority, Vice President
- Sean L. Walton, Jr., L'11, Walton & Brown, LLC
- Maurice A. Wells, L'17, Isaac Wiles
About David D. White, L’31
David D. White, Class of 1931, was the Law School’s first African American graduate and the first African American attorney licensed to practice in Columbus, Ohio. Throughout his career, Mr. White served the community in a variety of capacities. He practiced law for more than 57 years as a partner in the firm of Bell, White and Ross. He was a member of the Columbus Bar Association Board of Governors, the Ohio Public Defender Commission, the Ohio State Bar Association's Council of Delegates and the Ohio Civil Rights Commission. Mr. White died in 1992. In 1989, the African American Law Alumni Association established the Capital University Law School’s David D. White Scholarship in his honor.