Financial Assistance for the Leaders to Lawyers Program
GI Benefits: The Post-9/11 GI-BillTM provides financial support for education and housing to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service after Sept. 10, 2001, and for individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible.
The Post 9-11 GI BillTM will pay eligible individuals:
- Up to $21,970.46 per academic year toward tuition and fees
- A monthly housing allowance equivalent to that of an E-5 with dependents based upon the Basic Allowance for Housing
- An annual books and supplies stipend of up to $1,000
- Up to an additional $6,000 per academic year through the Yellow Ribbon Program (If approved at 100%, Capital will match $6,000 of benefits provided by the Yellow Ribbon Program. Students receiving this benefit are not eligible for any other institutional aid.)
Tuition: Tuition at Capital University Law School is assessed on a strict per credit hour basis. The Cost of Attendance Tables contain estimated tuition costs for each program. Your actual tuition charges will depend on the number of credit hours for which you register.
Federal Direct Stafford Loans: These low-interest loans assist with educational expenses and are federally guaranteed, which means borrowers do not need to pass a credit check to receive funding. Maximum award: $20,500 per academic year.
Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loans: Graduate and professional students have the option of borrowing through the Graduate PLUS program to cover any remaining educational expenses. A credit check is required. You can begin repaying these loans while in school or defer repayment until after graduation, if you are enrolled at least half-time.
Applying for Financial Aid: Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. Basic eligibility requirements include:
- Be enrolled at least half-time each semester.
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Must not be in default on any federal loan.
- Be registered with Selective Service, if required.